© 2003 Gloria Hansen
48" x 47"
Another in a series of designs exploring repeating and diminishing squares and overlapping shapes. I created this design using Adobe Photoshop, and printed it onto cotton fabric using archival pigment inks. I further enhanced the design with D'uva pastels and textile paints.
This quilt was exhibited in several shows, and won:
• 1st place in the Master Art Quilt division in the 2005 Dallas Quilt Celebration, Dallas, Texas.
• 1st place Art Quilt, 2004 American Sewing Expo,Novi Expo Center, Novi, Michigan
• Honorable Mention, 2004 Quilt Odyssey, Hershey, Pennsylvania
• 1st place in the Quilts=Art=Quilts 2003 show in the Schweinfurth Memorial Arts Center.
• Honorable Mention Innovative in the 2003 Pennsylvania National Quilt Extravaganza in Ft. Washington, Pennsylvania.